I am currently 3rd year PhD candidate in CSE department, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. I am also a Microsoft Fellow and received the Baidu Scholarship. My supervisor is Prof. Dit-Yan Yeung. Before that, I got my BS degree from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2013 under the supervision of Prof. Wu-Jun Li.
My research interest focuses on statistical machine learning and data mining. Currently, I mainly work on collaborative filtering, deep learning and their applications in recommender systems, text mining, and social network analysis.
- Our survey/review paper on Bayesian deep learning, "Towards Bayesian deep learning: a framework and some existing methods", is accepted in TKDE (22/08/16).
- Two of our papers, "Natural parameter networks: a class of probabilistic neural networks" and "Collaborative recurrent autoencoder: recommend while learning to fill in the blanks", are accepted at NIPS (15/08/16).
- Give the talk "Bayesian deep learning for integrated intelligence: bridging the gap between perception and inference" at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (17/06/16). [slides]
- Give the talk "Bayesian deep learning for integrated intelligence: bridging the gap between perception and inference" at the Baidu NLP Seminar (13/06/16). [slides]
- We gave a talk about Bayesian Deep Learning at ACML (22/11/15). [slides]
- Give a talk about Bayesian Deep Learning at MSRA (11/09/15) and Baidu (05/11/15). [slides]
- Our paper "Convolutional LSTM network: A machine learning approach for precipitation nowcasting" is accepted at NIPS. (9/04/15) [pdf]
- Our paper "Collaborative deep learning for recommender systems" is accepted at SIGKDD. (5/13/15) [pdf]
- Give a talk about " Relational Stacked Denoising Autoencoder for Tag Recommendation" at HKUST-EPFL Workshop on Data Science. (12/02/14) [slides]
- This homepage is set up. (11/18/14)